PRL offers specifically designed custom built and or commercially available dispensing equipment utilizing peristaltic pumps, conductivity systems and temperature compensated probes.
These components have over 40 years of impeccable operating history, requiring little maintenance and low down time. They are water and corrosion resistant. This equipment is specifically designed to operate under high temperature and moist conditions found in animal cage washing areas.
With integration of the Pharmacal Conductivity Control (PCC), or Pharmacal Timed Injection (PTI) dispensing systems means no external formulas to choose from. This provides ease of use for the machine operator and eliminates chemical waste and misuse.
Pharmacal PCC, PTI and dispensing systems are designed to take full advantage of rack and tunnel washer microprocessor controls with multiple washing operations and will be configured to deliver precise amounts of chemicals into your machines.
Calibration and Inspection of Cage Washing Chemicals
- Purpose: The purpose of Pharmacal's Calibration and Inspection Program is to insure that your facility gets the very cleanest caging possible, using the minimum amount of chemicals. We also wish to help DLAR comply with internal and external regulations and guidelines concerning the sanitizing of caging.
- General Procedures: We will accurately measure the amounts of chemicals being used in the cage washing operation and insure that they are within the established recommended ranges. We will consult with management and supervisors to insure satisfaction with the products and dispensing equipment. We will inspect clean cages to insure the quality of the overall cage washing operation. And we will inspect the general operation and condition of cage washers and dispensing equipment.
- Dispensing Chemicals: We will run each cage washer through a complete cycle and measure the amount of chemical being dispensed into selected cycles. In cycle measurements are performed with a conductivity meter or with a graduated cylinder utilizing house tap water. If these measurements indicate quantities that fall outside of the established ranges, we will adjust the dispenser control system and re-measure to insure compliance.
- pH: If required, (utilizing standard pH litmus paper or ph strips), we will test the pH of the acid-wash water following neutralizer introduction and prior to discharge into the drain-system.
- Water Hardness if applicable
© 2021 Pharmacal Research Laboratories, INC.